Under the stars with bears

Friday, October 7, 2011
Since our little camping trip earlier this summer, the kids have been talking, playing, and planning *camp.*  Our church had a family retreat several weeks ago that did not go as planned for our family.  Max and I stayed home sick. Jerrod took Lily and Lincoln but woke up early in the AM and realized you can run but you can't hide from the stomach bug we were passing around.  So, he had to pack the kids up and head home before the sun was even up.  


This weekend we had a camping trip planned with friends but it appears that the drought is about to end, and there is rain in the forecast the entire weekend.  We decided to cancel the trip.  


We thought about camping in the basement but then Jerrod decided to set up a make-shift tent in the backyard since it appears the rain shouldn't be here until morning.  

I feel bad for the kids but they could not have been happier!  They had such a feeling of accomplishment helping Jerrod set up the tent.  They were able to use their favorite camping gear AND before drifting off to sleep, the kids were sure they heard bats and bears outside the tent.  I had to come inside, due to the effects of my aging body laying directly on the earth.  So,  I am off to the comfort of my own bed, but will sleep well knowing my kids are under the stars sleeping with the bears.  




It was dark, I had no idea his face was so messy!!!

This little guy loved his headlight...even escorted me to the house a few times, what a gentleman!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
 

Browse