We had such an action packed Easter weekend I don't even know where to begin. On Friday, the kids and I made bird nests, a quick and easy treat/project for us to do together. When I saw it only took 3 ingredients and a short attention span I put it on my list of things to do. Here is our finished project and the fun we had along the way...


I asked Lily to pose behind her creations and she struck this pose. She wanted to be able to see her ballet slipper {my new socks} and her dancing dress.

Thanks in part to the wonderful teachers at BSF(Bible study fellowship), who are investing in the lives of my children, they have Biblical truths hidden in their hearts and what a sweet sound it is coming from their lips. As we talked about Easter over this little project they started singing Christ the Lord is Risen Today. It is a regular around our house these days. I hear it from the shower, the back of the van, the back yard. I am amazed at what the mind of a child can absorb. I often find myself with feelings of inadequacy as I train and instruct these wonderful gifts from God. When I do feel overwhelmed, I am quickly reminded that my job is to be faithful to God with what I have been given and it is HIS job to complete the work in their lives. What a good God we serve.
*************This is where I want to insert a video clip of my children singing but I have tried MULTIPLE times with NO success so I am moving on. Will try again later...with help*********
------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday, I attended the annual Easter Sun Run. Our church sponsors the run and it benefits Youth Horizons an organization that changes the lives of at risk kids. It is something I look forward to every year but this year a bit differently. My good friend Karie and I signed up for the 2mile run. It was good to have accountability along the way. I have dabbled a bit with running in the past but overall would describe myself as someone who only ran if in a situation where I was in fear for my life. We finished well and It was good to have such a faithful friend by my side. I personally took no pics of the event but my good friend Alisha did. I would link but #1 I don't know how and #2 it's not the most delightful shot. I am very fortunate to rub elbows with superstars. My mom got 3rd in the 2mi, my good friend Alisha got 2nd place in the walk and Brent's parents got 1st place in the walk...all in their age categories. Way to go!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
After the run, I headed home to a houseful of family. We celebrated Easter with Jerrod's family that afternoon and it was a lovely time. I love having a house full of people and laughter and food. That's how memories are made and that is what I want for my kids...sweet memories.
Here are some highlights I was able to capture...
Grandma and Grandpa and the rapidly growing crew. Baby Riley is just 3months old and there is another cousin set to arrive in October. Lily is really hoping for a girl...she and Mackie are seriously out-numbered.

So, who gets it? The one that saw it first or the one that gets there first? They worked it out among themselves no blood was shed.
Egg hunt pics get much more difficult to take as they get older...it's serious business.
------------------------------------------------------------
Easter Sunday, we had a wonderful morning as a family. We hid eggs with small items that represented things that would have been present at the first Easter. We also made Resurrection rolls...where you wrap roll dough around a marshmallow and then bake and wha-la it is hollow inside. Lily was so ahead of me on this. She said mom the marshmallow is just going to melt and it will be empty inside just like Jesus' tomb. I did feel a little sad that it would not be a surprise but was amazed that she was putting it all together. Lastly we were off to my parents for church and then lunch. I forgot my camera :( but we had a wonderful lunch and hid a LOT of eggs. We brought home 3 very tired kids and more candy then one family should have!!
1 comments:
It was a treat to spend part of Easter weekend with you. I'm with Lily - hoping this little babe is a girl. Here's to hoping! :) Lily will be one of the first to know when it's time.
Love you!
Amy
Post a Comment